Wednesday, February 27

Erykah!  


Badu, Badu, Badu... Arguably one of the most influential contemporary hip-hop/r&b artist. Though I don't know anyone who would argue that. Erykah is progressive and organic. She's irreverent and inventive. Her albums span endless eras with her sound, influence, and lyrical content. New Amerkah flooded my psyche, crumbling the massive walls of my inner conscious. The Healer - resonates with me. Listening to it repeatedly may cause one to float amidst the clouds in trance like state of euphoria. I only own two Badu cuts (the first album, and the live album). I heard World Wide Underground & Mama's Gun were some' serus'! I gotta get those. Erykah's rhetoric is provocative and is needed. The music scene is getting pretty lame: "shake dat booty meat"? Evoking the strength and diligence of our ancestors, Ms. Badu is a visionary. If you don't know the signature Badu sound, New Amerykah doesn't disappoint. Get it.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments.: to “ Erykah!

the movement.