Monday, February 25

Ms. Jackson displays some Discipline.  


Janet Jackson is an icon. Period. She's had some major hits and some major misses and this album is a definite HIT. I'm a fan, since way back when. I fell off the bandwagon after All For U/Damito Jo (DJ was a major disappointment). I try to banish that 20 Y.O. fiasco from my mind. I reached my apex of appreciation with The Velvet Rope. This album has my feet firmly planted on my J.J. loving soap box.

So why is this a good album. Well for one, it's a cohesive piece of work, and flows well. Also, it's not a 3 singles and 12 filler track album. She put some work into this one and it shows. I appreciate when artist get into their creative groove, take their time, and deliver a quality product. If you notice, Janet isn't the super skinny, six pack ab Janet from other assorted records. She's thick Janet [not to be mistaken with mega Janet often spotted on beaches layered up looking Klumpish]. She's got a fit, but feminine figure, full of curves and tone. I think she looks the best when she is just a nice average size. She looks so beautiful and soft. The vocals are classic Janet, she always sounds great.

The best tracks in my opinion: Curtains, Greatest X, Rock With U, So Much Betta, The 1.
I'm not sure what the next single will be, but if the video looks like "Feedback" I will retract this entry and pretend as though she doesn't exist (and I won't give in like MTV did). It behooves her to enlist a quality director with a GOOD concept that TRANSLATES well.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.