Sunday, October 26

Lady Gaga Interviewed by OUT magazine.  

You write your own music, you conceptualize your look, you call all the shots. Is it a struggle to prove that pop music is something that can be taken seriously and that can be artistic?

I wouldn’t say it’s a struggle, I’d say it’s a mission. It’s a vow. It’s funny, when I did the So You Think You Can Dance performance and I put on my TV-shaped glasses [that read] Pop Music Will Never Be Low Brow, that was me taking a vow and saying “Not on my stage.” I write the shit, I do the fashion, all the choreography is inspired by me and New York City and what I believe in and the show is completely 100,000 percent my vision. That’s what makes my heart beat. I wouldn’t be fulfilled as an artist if I was just a puppet.

read the entire article @ OUT.com

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.