Sunday, October 26

Mark Ronson on the cover of Paper Magazine  


Excerpt:
One night, while DJing at Cheetah, he recalls, "I remember just thinking, I wonder if I could get away with playing Puffy's 'All About the Benjamins' next to AC/DC's 'Back in Black,' and I worked out this whole routine where I would get from A to B, from a hip-hop set to AC/DC without the crowd realizing that the music had changed." Ronson became the great unifier of New York nightlife. With some resistance from upper-level management at mega-clubs like Life, he brought black people into traditionally white clubs, and vice versa. "He is magnetic in the sense that people are just drawn to him," Lily Allen says. "He is also sickeningly good at working a room -- women love him as do men."

read the FULL story at PAPERMAG.com

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.