Sunday, January 25

Movies are AWESOME.  

This weekend I watched 3 great movies:
1. Tsotsi
2. Gran Torino
3. No Country For Old Men

Tsotsi won the 2005 Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
This film is spectacular, it's a triumphant story of a redemption.
Set in a Soweto slum, near Johannesburg, South Africa.
Presley Chweneyagae, who played David/Tsotsi was phenomenal.
He acts with his eyes. AMAZING.
DIRECTED BY: Gavin Hood


Gran Torino was a huge surprise. I had some initial prejudices just because
it was Eastwood and I don't particularly agree with some of his political affiliations,
but I loved the film. He's one of the greats. The movie centers around
this crotchety old guy and his relationship with his Asian immigrant neighbors.
To be honest with you, it was almost a comedy because I couldn't stop laughing at
the main character Walter (Eastwood). I can't wait till I'm older and I can say
whatever I want and people just take it because I'm old. That will be an awesome day.
DIRECTED BY: Clint Eastwood



No Country for Old Men was just plain grand. It was a contemporary western in a way.
There was plenty of shooting, outlaws, a briefcase full of drug money and a slew of dead guys.
The BEST scene in the movie is when Sugar encounters the desk clerk at the trailor park.
HI-f'ing-LARIOUS!
Check this one out.
DIRECTED BY: Joel and Ethan Coen (The Coen Brothers)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments.: to “ Movies are AWESOME.

the movement.