Saturday, January 10

Vampire(s) (this) Weekend (?)  


I'd like to start off by saying that Vampire Weekend is one of the best band names I've heard
ever.If you're wondering who they are here's quick spiel: Vampire Weekend is an Indie Rock
band out of NY. Inspired by a whimsical combination of both African popular music and Western
classical they are Indie but not that annoying Indie (if that makes any sense). "Oxford Comma" is
the song that pulled me in. First time I heard I immediately fell in love with the melody (and the
chorus, I mean you gotta love "Who gives a fuck about and Oxford Comma?"). Their self titled
album makes me want to buy a bike and just go ride for a day or so. Just coast, enjoy the music,
and see where the road takes me. Check it out for yourself the next time you're at the record store.

[little interesting bit of trivia]
In 2008, Vampire Weekend were dubbed the "whitest band" by Christian Lander,
the creator of the site Stuff White People Like, in an interview with Salon.com.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.