Thursday, February 5

He Would Die 4 U  

Photobucket
Prince's "I Would Die 4 U" is one of my favorite songs of all time.
Prince is the King of POP, period. He's a artist, a recluse, and a musical force.
He has presence and an undeniable allure. This song is a classic.
Raheem Devaughn covered it and I would've said he did a good job until the very end.
He took a sincere gesture of eternal love and attempted to turn it gospel.
Kinda RUINED it for me. I don't like gospel music, at all. Maybe you'll like it, it was lost on me.
[source]
Youre just a sinner I am told
Be your fire when youre cold
Make u happy when youre sad
Make u good when u are bad
Im not a human
I am a dove
Im your conscious
I am love
All I really need is 2 know that
U believe

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments.: to “ He Would Die 4 U

  • CC Murray
    February 5, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

    HELL NO!NO, NO, NO lol... he tried, but yes he ruined it at the end, I'm sorry that's my favorite song and now I'm mad.

  • Anonymous
    February 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

    DUDE!! Really, he's not. I mean, he just did not change the way the music industry percieves (not just a black, but) artist. He did not usher in the true age of the music video. He did not have a musical career spanning four decades. He did not almost single handlely invent the modern TV concert as we know them on HBO. He certaintly did not pull in the largest television audience ever for an interview (with Oprah no less).

    As a statement of fact he will forever be in the footsteps of a giant. Video's on MTV...after the true king. Perform a half time show at Superbowl...after the true King. I mean, it is what it is.

    MJJ Forever

  • Locked Inside
    February 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

    Hello Cole.

    Thank you for that rousing fanatical rant.
    PRINCE IS THE KING OF POP.
    He is an artist, a true musician. Not a questionable, dilapidated, industry pawn used to push albums. Jackson lost his allure when he lost his pigment. He lost his mind when he lost his ranch, and he lost his status after the first trial.
    Prince is about the art.
    Jacko is about the money and the "fame".
    Jackson got devoured by his own image, lost the few marbles he had. Have you ever listened to someone interview him? It's like taking to a panda.

    [Jackson has been doing that same dance for most of his four decades, I'm tired of the moonwalk, it's great yes, but it's also been done.]

    Prince is the king of pop.
    period.

    In no way do I discredit Michael Jackson's legendary status and career. I love his earlier work, but in terms of having a reigning king, it's Prince. Putting MJ on the thrown is like having Sarah Palin as president.

the movement.