Thursday, March 12

Exclusive Interview with DJ DIBIASE  

Photobucket
[check out myspace.com/djdibiase]
If you live in Atlanta and your between the ages of 20-24 you've probably been to Broke&Boujee.
If you haven't, pretend you have if only to avoid people figuring out just how boring you truly are.
Since you've been to Broke& Boujee then you know the music never disappoints, ever.
Why? Well because Fadia Kader had great taste in music (of course) and she has dope DJs.
One of these great DJ's goes by the name of DJ Dibiase.
I sat down with this twenty year old talent and we chopped it up recently.
I found out what he's listening to, how he got started, and where he's going.

I asked him about him opening up for Diplo at Florida State. He explained that it just sort of happened:
"I had just turned 18, I went down there to help a friend move in, some how I got
on with Robert Carter, he told me about a house party and it happened. It was probably one of the
best parties I've been to, the police shut it down but they were cool about it."

I read on his myspace that he changed his name from DJ Tomahawk to DJ Dibiase. I asked him
what prompted the name change and how he came up with both. He explained that he wanted
to represent Atlanta and the Braves came to mind thus DJ Tomahawk.
When decided to change it he choose Dibiase after the great Ted Dibiase (he's a big wrestling fan).

Interesting facts, he got his start doing chopped and screwed music. If he had the opportunity to
hit the road and pick his tour mates he'd want Little Brother, Joe Scudda, Cypress Hill, Cam'ron
& The Roots. Right now he's really digging the Drake Mixtape. He explained that he values
women's opinions especially when it comes to music. He gave props to the black youth in Atlanta
and expressed his excitement about this growing movement of movers and shakers taking over.

I asked him "What's the most important thing you've learned so far and where did you learn it?"
He said: "I learned to appreciate what others like and to go out on a limb sometimes." He cited
DJ Queen Roots as an example, she taught him all about dance hall.

I asked him the infamous Break (hate it), Bury (dig it, save it for future generations),
Buy (can't wait for it to drop.
Break - Single Ladies
Bury - Bilal's Love for Sale
Buy - the new Outkast

Finally, I asked him what could look forward to from him this year?
"More out of county and out of state gigs, I want to get this show on the road. I want to keep
moving with the mixtapes, keep people intrigued and continue to perfect my craft."
He wanted to give a special shout out to Ian Ford, Fadia Kader, Fray, Metropolitan Studios, & Jamad

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.