Monday, October 26

My World [Album Review]  

Photobucket
Lee Fields And The Expressions + My World
So I was milling around L5P last week with Dominique after work.
She was searching for Halloween costume options and I just wanted
to waste some time before I went home. We went into Criminal Records,
she thumbed photography magazines and I perused the isles looking for gold.
Just as I was about to abandon my efforts I stumbled across Fort Knox in a
sleeve. I've been trying to find the Lee Fields record for a few months now
and there it was a used copy (in great condition for $5.50. I brought it home
and let it sit for a few days. Yesterday evening I finally got a chance to sit
and listen to the entire record from start to finish. Vocally, Lee Fields sorta
sounds like a mix of James Brown and Al Green. It's vintage rhythm and blues.
It's a heartbreaking record. It's great for a night on the couch with a few
friends and a few bottles after a bad breakup. If I were to suggest any one
song off of this (incredible) album I'd say "Honey Dove". It's your favorite
artist's favorite love song.The titled track is also definite stand out.
I think it's one of the better tracks on the album. This album is mellow,
emotional, smooth, well crafted and cohesive. It's a good record to have on hand.
It has my vote. I'm convinced.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments.: to “ My World [Album Review]

the movement.