Thursday, October 8

N.E.R.D.'s "Maybe"  





N.E.R.D.'s sophomore album "Fly or Die" was a record that helped me define myself.
I was seventeen, on my way to college and I was totally clueless about who I was.
The one thing I knew about myself was that I was completely enamored by N.E.R.D.'s music.
I was a pupil in the school of alternative hip'rock and I took copious notes.
The voice, melodies, rifts, lyrics, theme, and feel felt so fresh and invigorating.
I could not stop listening to this record. I'm at work right now knee deep in paper work and shit.
This video popped into my head so I decided to play the album.
A few tracks in I felt a sudden surge of nostalgia mixed with optimism and glee.
I feel 17 again. For me 17 is curious and new. 6 years ago, I was 17 and I would
give anything to be 17 again if just for one more day.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments.: to “ N.E.R.D.'s "Maybe"

the movement.