Sunday, December 6

Album Review: Mr. Hudson [Straight No Chaser]  

Photobucket
Mr. Hudson's mellow brand of British R&B is seductive with an alternative indie twist.
I've boiled him down to a simple formula. Take equal parts of Coldplay's Chris Martin
and John Legend, let it simmer and add several cups of Kanye's ingenuity and a bit of
Sting for measure. The title track is pretty hard, I love "White Lies" (the video is incredible!).
"There Will Be Tears" is very sullen but it's definitely one of my personal favorites
from this record. I also thoroughly enjoy "Knew We Were Trouble" & "Supernova".
I'd also recommend "Instant Messenger"
. Mr. Hudson is a tremendous talent and I like
what he brings to music. Overall the album is a little melancholy but we all need a bit of
that every now and then. I give it a B.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.