Wednesday, October 24

Breaking News: Britney Blacksout!  


Britney Spears' personal life is... as a friend of mine would say "an utter trash". It seems she's making poor decision after poor decision. Never the less next Tuesday she’s releasing her fifth studio album "Blackout".

When I first heard "Gimme More" I liked it a lot! I was weary about the rest of her album though just because she thoroughly disappointed me at the VMAs. I just happened to go to MTV.com this morning to check out the new Common video (small note of mention---it was directed by actress Kerry Washington---I'm getting sidetracked). I saw a banner add granting access to listen to her full album. I raised my eyebrow and reluctantly proceeded.

The record is the total antithesis of her personal life. This album is a smash. Period. She enlisted some incredible producers and writers. It’s filled to the rim with banging club tracks. The album is undeniably sexy and features her signature “slut puppy” sound. That’s not an insult, she sounds cute and cuddly like puppy while simultaneously exuding the air of a slutatious whore. “Radar”, “Break The Ice”, & “Why Should I Be So Sad” are my top picks. “Why Should I Be So Sad” was produced by Pharrell and the Neptunes and it’s about her relationship with that loser Kevin Federline. I predict it will do well, or at the very least will receive positive reviews.

I hypothesized that this album is good because of her lackluster public appearances, apparent family troubles, and obvious overall turmoil. I mean if we look back to other artists Mary J, Janet, Amy Winehouse —when artist’s have personal lives that are on the brink of self destruction, they put out great fucking albums. “The Velvet Rope” and “Back To Black” are classics. One thing though is that you have to respect artist for who they are. Britney Spears is not a singer (if you think she is, you’re wrong). She (used to be & hopefully still is) a showstopin performer and an international sex symbol—some other great non singers Madonna, Janet Jackson, Rihanna, Ciara. They all hold a prominent place in this industry. I respect the non singers cause they have it harder, they gotta make up for their lip-synched performances with explosive onstage presence and intrigue. Like her or not “Blackout” is a good one. Check it out of MTV.com and or 10/30/07.
http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/britney_spears/blackout/#

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.