Tuesday, June 10

Janelle Monáe @ Apple  



Janelle Monáe appeared at the Perimeter Mall Apple Store yesterday to do a small concert for her fans rather her "supporters". The crowd was intimate due to the fact that this appearance wasn't promoted at all, I got the inside word from an actual employee of Apple (a special thanks to Andrea). All the guests recieved a free 5 song iTunes gift card. Janelle performed her usual hits: Violet Stars Happy Hunting, Many Moons, Smile, & Sincerely Jane. Her performance was high energy and she added to her repitoire showcasing a few new "signature dance moves". She sounded fantastic her voice is simply magnificent. I took a few pictures.

I've been anticitpating her new material for quite some time now...QUITE SOME TIME! I've come to realize that in the industry nothing is set in stone. So when I make these statements do not hold me to them:
@ the end of her wonderful performance Janelle Monáe said that Metropolis Suite 1 would be re-released with additional tracks on August 12, 2008 (sidenote: that is two days before my 22nd birthday). Now I also heard that she is shooting a video later on this summer in Atlanta, and a full album will be released in January of 2009.


We'll see...in the mean time I'll continue to love her.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments.: to “ Janelle Monáe @ Apple

the movement.