Thursday, June 12

Value  


So the job market is sort of like a jungle safari sans the jeep, tour guide, & map. I'm planning my next move to rob from Peter to pay Paul as we speak. I'm on a binge of purging. I'm cleaning out my closet, donating the things I don't use or need, and making space for the things I do--but have yet to earn. You know how they say you learn something new everyday, well yesterday I learned something about value. It seemed really simple but it is hard to apply. Nothing is valuable unless it offers you something you desire. As I type my closet is filled with clothes that I spent my hard earn money on, solely because I valued their aesthetic appeal. I didn't necessarily need them, but at the time I had to have them. Overtime their value has shifted from commodity to burden (except shoes of course). My burden is someone else's commodity. Living in downtown Atlanta, I come across more than my fair share of homeless people. I'm not homeless, never had to be and hopefully never will be. The challenges I face on a daily basis at the core are about survival, but I have the basics. In most cases their challenges involve trying to get the basics. So if my small insignificant gesture of clothing can make them fell better for just twenty minutes, then the shirt was worth buying.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments.: to “ Value

the movement.