Friday, June 20

Lost One  

So I watched this really interesting film, I blogged about it earlier this week. The movie itself is filled with rhetorcial devices and persuasive tactics--but beyond the material it offered a valid alternative point of view. I don't necessarily agree completely with the point of view expressed. The film is a mixture of things I already knew, conspiracy theory, facts, lies, and opinion--just like any thing else. It is a piece of rhetoric, period. No matter how objective it claims to be it isn't. BUT, I love it! Simply because though it may give you a barrage of supposed facts about religion, politics, and conspiracy it challenges viewers to think for themselves. Off the top of my head I can't think of an institution that encourages people to think for themselves or challenge what is believed to be true. Schools want you to sit down, shut up, listen, and turn in your worksheet. Jobs want you to show up, shut up and do your job, government wants you to watch television, believe what they say, and give them money, church wants you to come, listen, judge, and cut them 10%. I can tell you I don't think for myself. I get my concepts of values from the media like we all do. I am a product of my society, I can't help that.
So in order to reduce the amount of corporate sponsorship, Paris Hilton, Rachel Ray, Flava Flav, New York, & Britney Spears I subliminally absorb on a daily basis, I got rid of my tv. Doesn't mean I won't watch it ever again, just not as much.
*baby steps*
I feel very lost,so...I'm taking the appropriate steps to find myself.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments.: to “ Lost One

the movement.