Thursday, June 19

Wale - Mixtape About Nothing  


Download WALE-MIXTAPE ABOUT NOTHING
So this hour and twelve minute mix-tape caught me off guard.
I downloaded it last night, and loaded on my insignia mp3 player...
Walked to work and started listening to it. I didn't like it
at first. The intro just didn't sit well with me.
Since it's a single hour plus track, I decided to give it at least
fifteen minutes before I wrote it off. Glad I did. Wale is
definitely a talented lyricist. His rhymes are advanced and his
vernacular is vicious. I did an experiment. I got the urge to look him
up online more to see how he dressed, carried himself, etc.
I just wanted to get some idea of his image. But I just let the words
speak for him. He versed about lagging album sales, racism, and women.
From the album art you can tell the theme is based off of Seinfeld.
The mixtape has a clever unique arrangement. The interludes are
freaggin hilarious! Especially the "crank dat flying squirrel!".
This is definitely something I'm going to put on my afternoon
rotation. I prepared a little flow to sum up my opinion:

*ahem, clears throat*
He has the hip-hop hunger with rhymes like thunder
If a deal is his meal,then that shit is sealed.

AHHHHH!!!!! LMAO.
nah for real, this one is good.
download it.

(shoutout to D. Woolaston for putting me on)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.