Tuesday, February 10

R. Leslie's Album Makes Me "Studio Bop"  

Photobucket
Ryan Leslie released his first album, Just Right, in 2005. You probably never heard it because it was only released in Europe. That was an arbitrary fact that I thought I's start off with. Now, his Self Titled album due out in the states tomorrow. Ryan Leslie (I got it last week and I've listened to it every morning since then). The album features Leslie singing and rapping. He's a talented wordsmith and his voice is smooth and mellow. The album is really chill and relaxing and you'll get a feel for his signature sound. If your looking for neo-soul, panty dropping r&b, or ghetto love songs this ain't your record. This album is urban contempo r&b with an upscale luxxe feel. The songs sound expensive. When I listen to a lot of the tracks I do the "studio bop". The studio bop is a movement/dance that people do when they are in a recording studio and they are bouncing a song that they think is the shit. I do the studio bop all morning as I get dressed. Not only because the songs are great, but they make you want to move--even if it's just a little bit. Some songs require choreography and preparation to really capture the essence of the track, this record is full of grooves. You can dance to them, but you don't need to, just bob your head and studio bop. If I were ever to record an r&b album I would want it to be produced by Ryan Leslie, Dream, Kanye and Polow. That's my dream team (sidenote: I'd insist on a duet with Prince). Back to this album, the hoodest sounding song is "How It Was Supposed To Be", the most romantic track on this album is "Gibberish", simply because it's a love song with no real lyrics. My favorite track is most of them, honestly I like this record. It's neat.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



the movement.